View Single Post
Old 31.01.2021, 11:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 14,901 Times in 7,667 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Driving too slow in a 50 km/h zone

Quote:
View Post
We got followed by a car for 10 minutes to our home, and they called the police who visited us at our house, and took an alcohol test for both me and my wife. Because we were driving slowly late at night. Police mentioned the flow concept, but there is no flow with only two cars in my opinion. We noticed we were followed, and the guys got out of their car to see where we live, and made us really unsecure at that time ( not knowing that they did this because they thought the driver was drunk, and planning to call the police). I was planning to make a complaint or something like this for this stalking thing, but after reading all these experiences I dont think I will bother

Apparently this speed limit is elastic, when the road is empty late at night, people expect you to drive faster than usual, even over the speed limit, otherwise they will suspect you for drunk driving. During the day, this never happened to us. Anyway, I think the police are more worried about the "flow" and have nothing against tailgating or stalking, so probably complaining about this behavior will lead nowhere.

I believe the consequences of these habits of the people and police can also be negative, since probably the people who drink and drive know this, and they will drive faster just to avoid this, faster than they can handle maybe. Anyway... just an opinion
What a weird episode. I would complain. Please, do so. What if one of you had been drinking that evening and was accused of driving under influence even if they didn't drive? And following you till home when it was simple to just write down your number or take a photo of your plates?
This user groans at greenmount for this post: