View Single Post
Old 31.01.2021, 15:44

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
italo has earned some respectitalo has earned some respect
Re: Another Tax Declaration post (Zurich, B permit, but with a quirk)

"Normal" (compulsory) tax declaration deadline is March 31st every year. This applies to you if: 1) you have a C permit, or 2) you are a Swiss citizen, or 3) you earn more than 120k CHF before taxes, or 4) you have non-negligible assets abroad, where by "non-negligible" I'm not sure about the amount but for sure if you own and rent a house abroad and you earn more than 2500 CHF from that rent, *even* if you already pay taxes abroad on that income.

You can push back this deadline to September at no cost with a simple communication to the tax office if you want to have more time to fill the declaration.

In theory if it's compulsory you should simply receive the paperwork from the tax office. However, from my experience, if it's the first year you go over 120k they might screw up and forget about you for some months. I strongly suggest you to contact directly your tax office and solicit them in sending you the forms.

I went through Taxolution to fill the paperwork, was pretty satisfied with them, might do it again for 2020.