Thread: Hunting Boar?
View Single Post
Old 02.02.2021, 11:00

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Izzt89 has an excellent reputationIzzt89 has an excellent reputationIzzt89 has an excellent reputationIzzt89 has an excellent reputation
Re: Hunting Boar?

Quote:
View Post
I've been looking for boar meat as my usual source (a hunter by the airport) seems to have stopped.

That got me thinking, I have a fair selection of rifles and a reasonably acceptable aim...

Does anyone know what the rules are for hunting boar? Do you need landowner permission? I assume yes... Even better, anyone know of a club that speaks english around Zurich? (yes, I'm aware it's not in season now)

Couldn't find anything in English sadly...
Interesting -- with all the confinement, in Spain I was lucky NOT to kill 4 boars as I drove down to my howetown on the North. My friend Alberto (hunter, and owner of various hunting reserves) told me that because of the lack of human pressure (industrial, farming, people, traffic...), the population (of boars and deer / red-tail deer / fox / rabbits) had exploded, and they were having serious (and unforeseen) problems with the management of the reserve. No idea about Switzerland, but, if you want to go hunting in the north of Spain, let me know - he will organize everything - from weapons import to export of the meat (he is a lawyer also, so who best?), happy to put you in contact.

(now, the difficult part is reaching Spain -- did you see that Swiss basically announced yesterday that they would stopped flying...everywhere??)
The following 4 users would like to thank Izzt89 for this useful post: