View Single Post
Old 04.02.2021, 17:20

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
polos has no particular reputation at present
Freelancing/Einzelfirma/selling handmade products

Dear All,

I have some questions regarding freelancing, I have seen some threads but I couldn’t find the answers (or haven’t read carefully enough). I moved here a few months ago but couldn’t find any jobs so I was thinking of doing freelancing, but first I want to educate myself in the topic.
Shall I start an Einzelfirma at all when freelancing? Are there any mandatory papers or anything to start an Einzelfirma? Do I need a B permit for it (I have only L permit – for job search). Do I have to pay a monthly fee because of the Einzelfirma? Up to how much annual income is it tax free? In my home country it is very easy – you start an Einzelfirma, you have to pay an exact fee every month, and up to a certain amount it is tax free. There is also a possibility to do it besides a full time job, then the monthly fee is the half of the full time Einzelfirma fee. Is there a possibility to have an Einzelfirma here besides a full time job (in case I find something in the meantime)? How can I do invoicing?
I may had some stupid questions but I really don’t know how this stuff works here…
Another question, but related to freelancing in a way, I make handmade stuff as well, how can I sell them here? I have read about some sites which are similar to e.g. Etsy, but how does it work? Do I have to pay taxes after my products? Can I e.g. sell them on a web shop or promote them on Instagram without an Einzelfirma?
Thank you very much for your help!!!