View Single Post
Old 15.02.2021, 08:43
Forum Legend

Groaned at 95 Times in 60 Posts
Thanked 6,300 Times in 2,884 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Swiss Post p*ssing me off!

As the title says, Swiss Post are pissing me off. I don't expect anyone will have an answer to this, so it's more just a rant.

I have got my Swiss Post online account set up, to automatically authorise the postie to leave my parcels in the hallway if they don't fit in the letter box. I also always got email notifications of parcels well in advance of delivery, so if they needed an extra authorisation to be left, I could do it. It worked well.

Then the Gemeinde changed our address a few months ago (very annoying as informing every one is a real pain) and changed the road names in town... but the road names have not changed on google maps/sat nav etc.

Old address: House Name, Town.
New address: Street name & number, Town.

And now the email /deposit system does not work. I only get the notification as the parcel goes out for delivery with the local postie. I authorise it to be left, but I guess it is too late and they leave a delivery note. It has happened again this morning, and I've left a post-it note on my post box - we will see what happens. I also emailed Swiss Post CS last week, but they didn't even understand the problem.

I've checked all my settings online and everything is correct, new address there etc. The issue might be that; the local postie understands the new address, but when I order a parcel, that might be delivered by a company such as DHL, I do an address combo, so they can find me, and I can never be sure who will deliver a parcel.

Combo: New street name & number, House name, Town.

Maybe adding the house name is too much for the Post online system to deal with .... but if I don't do that, DHL etc will have no bloody clue where to deliver. Gaaaaaah!
This user would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post: