View Single Post
Old 16.02.2021, 23:35

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
DeeBee has no particular reputation at present
Re: Certificate of no impediment to marriage: Who issues this in Switzerland?

Hi, can I ask how you solved this as I now need to do exactly the same thing and am a bit lost! Thanks!

Quote:
View Post
Hi Everybody,

I'm looking for some help regarding getting a certificate of no impediment to marriage. This is NOT currently for the purpose of marriage but registering my civil status as Ledig in Switzerland to start the application for a Swiss Passport. I'm a British national living here since 2007.

Has anybody been through this process? I also have get a Certified copy of an entry of birth.

I looked online at booking an appointment in the British Embassy in Bern as I contacted my local registry office in Britain and they told me they wouldn't issue a certificate of no impediment unless it was for marriage.
Does anybody know if the British Embassy in Bern issues one? What will I need to bring? I have a copy of my birth certificate but I don't know what I need to prove that I'm not yet married. Or, can I go to a registry office here in Zürich to get one?

I found a very old thread on the subject but I didn't find the answers I needed, it would be a great help if anybody has been through the process of applying for a Swiss passport to let me know what they had to do because i feel like I've already stumbled at the first hurdle!

Thanks very much!