Thread: PhD spouse visa
View Single Post
Old 18.02.2021, 15:21
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 27 Times in 27 Posts
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,379 Posts
Axa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond reputeAxa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PhD spouse visa

Hello, welcome to the forum.

Quote:
View Post
As my fiancée also Non EU, is it possible that she come to Switzerland with me?
Yes, but if you marry before applying for the permit, it is easier. Easier in the sense of less paperwork.

Quote:
View Post
1. Is she possible to obtain a dependent visa with working permission? What extra step I need to do during the visa application?
I was in the same situation some years ago. I got a B type permit (education with income) and my wife also got a B type permit (employee work allowed). Did not ask anything special, seems to be standard.

Quote:
View Post
2. As she is also thinking about whether is it possible to work for one more year to save money before she comes here. Is it possible to apply for a dependent visa after one year I came to Switzerland?
Canton Vaud says you have 5 years to ask for family regroup.
Quote:
Le regroupement familial doit être demandé dans un délai de 5 ans.
https://www.vd.ch/themes/population/...ourte-duree-l/

Quote:
View Post
3. As my salary is not high, is it possible to support the basic living costs in Lausanne for the two of us?
Theoretically yes, but it depends on who you like to live. Your annual income will become 3100-3400 CHF per month after taxes and social deductions. A 1 bedroom + living room should be around 1400-1500 CHF (maybe less, but with a lot of effort and luck). The cheapest health insurance is around 300 CHF per person per month. We cook a lot of fresh food, anyway our food expense is 400-700 per month in the supermarket/farm. Eating out make food expenses explode. Transportation, 70-80 CHF per month for a ticket that includes a few zones around the place you live. So, apartment rent, health insurance food and transportation can already consume 2500-2900 of the net month income.

So, it's possible. But we didn't leave the apartment too much until my wife's first income. Any outing meant making the savings smaller.

Last edited by Axa; 18.02.2021 at 16:17. Reason: wrong link to vaud canton site