View Single Post
Old 18.02.2021, 18:41
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
hysan has no particular reputation at present
Quote:
View Post
Hello, welcome to the forum.

Yes, but if you marry before applying for the permit, it is easier. Easier in the sense of less paperwork.

I was in the same situation some years ago. I got a B type permit (education with income) and my wife also got a B type permit (employee work allowed). Did not ask anything special, seems to be standard.

Canton Vaud says you have 5 years to ask for family regroup.

https://www.vd.ch/themes/population/...ourte-duree-l/

Theoretically yes, but it depends on who you like to live. Your annual income will become 3100-3400 CHF per month after taxes and social deductions. A 1 bedroom + living room should be around 1400-1500 CHF (maybe less, but with a lot of effort and luck). The cheapest health insurance is around 300 CHF per person per month. We cook a lot of fresh food, anyway our food expense is 400-700 per month in the supermarket/farm. Eating out make food expenses explode. Transportation, 70-80 CHF per month for a ticket that includes a few zones around the place you live. So, apartment rent, health insurance food and transportation can already consume 2500-2900 of the net month income.

So, it's possible. But we didn't leave the apartment too much until my wife's first income. Any outing meant making the savings smaller.
Thank you so much for your detailed reply! It was very helpful!!! May I know if your wife applied the visa same time as you?

Quote:
View Post
Are we sure that visas are granted for fiancÚs as well? I thought you needed to be married in order to ask for family reunification ...
Hi, thank you for your reply. We plan to get marry this summer before the PhD start. Will it affect the visa application?

Quote:
View Post
Hello, welcome to the forum.

Yes, but if you marry before applying for the permit, it is easier. Easier in the sense of less paperwork.

I was in the same situation some years ago. I got a B type permit (education with income) and my wife also got a B type permit (employee work allowed). Did not ask anything special, seems to be standard.

Canton Vaud says you have 5 years to ask for family regroup.

https://www.vd.ch/themes/population/...ourte-duree-l/

Theoretically yes, but it depends on who you like to live. Your annual income will become 3100-3400 CHF per month after taxes and social deductions. A 1 bedroom + living room should be around 1400-1500 CHF (maybe less, but with a lot of effort and luck). The cheapest health insurance is around 300 CHF per person per month. We cook a lot of fresh food, anyway our food expense is 400-700 per month in the supermarket/farm. Eating out make food expenses explode. Transportation, 70-80 CHF per month for a ticket that includes a few zones around the place you live. So, apartment rent, health insurance food and transportation can already consume 2500-2900 of the net month income.

So, it's possible. But we didn't leave the apartment too much until my wife's first income. Any outing meant making the savings smaller.
Moreover do I need to tell the University that my wife will come to Switzerland too? Thank you very much for your time.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 24.02.2021 at 13:34. Reason: merging consecutive replies