Thread: PhD spouse visa
View Single Post
Old 19.02.2021, 03:14

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
evop is considered knowledgeableevop is considered knowledgeableevop is considered knowledgeable
Re: PhD spouse visa

Quote:
View Post
Thank you so much! So is it possible to apply the spouse visa at the same time when I apply for my visa? I have read some forums and it said it is not possible to bring your spouse for the first year of PhD study because you are not an assistant and technically not a working permit. We hope to go to Switzerland together as soon as possible.
From my personal experience: yes, your wife can apply for an entrance visa as soon as you will get your permit (not your entrance visa, but a permit).

Also, it may depend on a country you are coming from. Although, legally there may be no difference, but consulate services differ from country to country, which affects many bureaucratic aspects. For example, a pair of my friends from Iran had much more delays and extra requirements for reunification, than pairs from USA, Russia and Hong Kong. It is by no mean a meaningful or representative statistics, just saying.

About the marriage: the immigration system encourages you to get married before the move, it makes many things easier
This user would like to thank evop for this useful post: