View Single Post
Old 22.02.2021, 14:38
All mod cons

Groaned at 291 Times in 230 Posts
Thanked 19,567 Times in 7,705 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
It is because of views such as those above that this message permeates which is problematic because this will genuinely result in more infections and ultimately deaths, because of such scaremongering.
I don't think people are scared of the AZ vaccine; they just regard it as inferior to some of the alternatives (or all of the available alternatives). It's a view shared by most British medical practitioners, according to a survey published in the BMJ.

Given the choice, I'd certainly elect to have the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over the AZ jab. But if the alternatives aren't offered, there's no question that I'd take the AZ vaccine. It works, just not as well. I don't know whether those who have refused the AZ vaccine would become eligible to receive one of the others instead.