View Single Post
Old 25.02.2021, 16:31
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 76 Times in 44 Posts
DL21 has an excellent reputationDL21 has an excellent reputationDL21 has an excellent reputationDL21 has an excellent reputation
Re: Tires/tyres online. Need recommendation.

most of these suppliers are actually same company as reifendirekt based in hamburg germany. it's pretty terrible when anything goes wrong.

i've on a few occasions had unexpected large delays, or unexplained extra tyres they have delivered and then tried to sue me for not returning. I had one 500 CHF tyre sitting here for over a year before they finally sent DPD to collect it.

i've settled on pneuexperte.ch (which is a different german company behind the scenes) as my go to source. they seem to have good prices, a reasonable selection and seem to work.

one thing to note with all online suppliers is they have no control over the date code of the tyre. i won't accept any date codes over a year old. sometimes you get tyres that are older and there is some german law that says anything up to 3 years old is considered 'brand new'. in this case, you just need to return them and order them locally or from somewhere else.