View Single Post
Old 25.02.2021, 17:55
Forum Legend

Groaned at 240 Times in 174 Posts
Thanked 6,356 Times in 2,991 Posts
bowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond reputebowlie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tires/tyres online. Need recommendation.

Quote:
View Post
most of these suppliers are actually same company as reifendirekt based in hamburg germany. it's pretty terrible when anything goes wrong.

i've on a few occasions had unexpected large delays, or unexplained extra tyres they have delivered and then tried to sue me for not returning. I had one 500 CHF tyre sitting here for over a year before they finally sent DPD to collect it.

i've settled on pneuexperte.ch (which is a different german company behind the scenes) as my go to source. they seem to have good prices, a reasonable selection and seem to work.

one thing to note with all online suppliers is they have no control over the date code of the tyre. i won't accept any date codes over a year old. sometimes you get tyres that are older and there is some german law that says anything up to 3 years old is considered 'brand new'. in this case, you just need to return them and order them locally or from somewhere else.
Er, we are not looking for high performance tires. These are for a 16yr old 1.2 Toyota Yeti that probably doesnít get 10k km a year. Iím looking for the absolute lowest price. Iím certain the tires will outlive the car.

But Iím certain others will appreciate your advice.