View Single Post
Old 28.02.2021, 14:49
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 18 Times in 17 Posts
Thanked 1,568 Times in 812 Posts
kri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond reputekri has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Non-Swiss, non-resident, inherited property and taxation?

Quote:
View Post
"Same rules for Swiss nationals which are not Swiss resident"

I'm not sure my point is getting across- it's not just that I'm a non-resident of Switzerland. I never held a permit other than a carte de legitimation under a parent and I'm not even allowed to work or live in Switzerland- this has no bearing on my taxation? I'm also a non-resident of the US, but at least I can live there if I wanted to and I can vote.
I am not sure you are listening to the point people are making. Your residency status is not relevant. You own property = you pay tax on it until you own it. This has got nothing to do with whether you were at one point resident or will be in the future. This is common in many countries.
The comparison with the US is irrelevant since you are taxed because of nationality on worldwide income.
In CH (and many EU countries) you will pay property tax on property you own regardless of residence or nationality. If you did become a resident this tax may change depending on the local taxation rules.
The following 2 users would like to thank kri for this useful post: