Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 01.03.2021, 00:00
All mod cons

Groaned at 329 Times in 244 Posts
Thanked 19,731 Times in 7,746 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

It's undeniably tough for a lot of people right now; has been for a year already. My immediate family—siblings, parents and self—have been spread over three continents for 25 years now. Obviously, getting together, even with just one of them, has been difficult. But I did manage to get back to Australia ten years ago to be with all of them when I was completely unexpectedly told that my dad had just days to live, and those final days with him are something I will always cherish.

Sadly, a few months ago my mother passed away in Canada. I knew it was coming, but there was nothing I could do. I couldn't go to see her; I wouldn't have been allowed to see her, even if I had somehow been admitted to Canada. I couldn't even talk to her on the phone. I feel a tremendous lack of closure, which obviously won't change.
The following 17 users would like to thank 22 yards for this useful post: