Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 01.03.2021, 08:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 344 Times in 280 Posts
Thanked 15,434 Times in 7,914 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post

In eastern Europe the cases are starting to tick up again too despite being in lockdown.
In some places they finally opened the schools so this might be a reason. And I doubt EE was ever in a proper lockdown, as it should have been normal at least during the first wave when we knew a lot less than we know now about the virus, allowing people to travel to different countries and back. You know, because of that thing the Western Europeans hate with a passion when it fits them but not during corona crisis though - FMOP. Or spending their holidays abroad. That doesn't look like a lockdown to me.

For me personally it's a mystery how my country, which is over-represented in statistics on doctors/medical staff working abroad hasn't collapsed yet. In fact we're among the first places in EU at the number of vaccinations if I remember correctly.
The following 2 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: