Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 01.03.2021, 22:28
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 70 Times in 46 Posts
Thanked 1,816 Times in 696 Posts
terrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond reputeterrifisch has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
View Post
It's undeniably tough for a lot of people right now; has been for a year already. My immediate family—siblings, parents and self—have been spread over three continents for 25 years now. Obviously, getting together, even with just one of them, has been difficult. But I did manage to get back to Australia ten years ago to be with all of them when I was completely unexpectedly told that my dad had just days to live, and those final days with him are something I will always cherish.

Sadly, a few months ago my mother passed away in Canada. I knew it was coming, but there was nothing I could do. I couldn't go to see her; I wouldn't have been allowed to see her, even if I had somehow been admitted to Canada. I couldn't even talk to her on the phone. I feel a tremendous lack of closure, which obviously won't change.
I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. I went through something similar last March when I was supposed to travel back to the US and see my Mom who was not doing well and then COVID hit and she passed while I was "stuck" here.

I was able to FaceTime with my Mom in her final hours, but she was barely cogent although she did seem to recognize my voice.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I can empathize with your lack of closure so to speak. It's not easy to lose one's parent especially in these difficult times. Thinking of you... And to quote my Mom, "This too shall pass!" But it takes time - for me at least.
The following 9 users would like to thank terrifisch for this useful post: