View Single Post
Old 02.03.2021, 10:31
Forum Legend

Groaned at 278 Times in 184 Posts
Thanked 17,738 Times in 7,489 Posts
Phil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond reputePhil_MCR has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who own the realestate in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
As you say, CHF 1m doesn‘t buy much in large parts of Switzerland and particularly not in parts where earning CHF 180k is a relatively common household income.

When we were buying 3 years ago, we considered moving back to Zurich and I remember looking at Europaallee and thinking who the hell a) can afford CHF 2m+ (So by your calculations CHF 360k pa household income) for an apartment and b) is at a life stage where living in a pokey apartment seems like a good idea. And they get more expensive.

Looking on homegate.ch it seems they‘ve all sold though and now it‘s that kind of money to buy in Zurich-West.

I also can‘t quite get my head round who can afford to buy all the CHF 3m to the sky is the limit priced apartments and houses in my neck of the woods.

The only conclusion I‘ve been able to come to is it‘s people who have ridden the property wave over the last 20 years and are using the bank of mum and dad, but generally the Swiss don‘t seem to move very often.
this is the price list i got from europaallee as it was under construction in 2012:

https://i.ibb.co/hf7J9Wq/Screenshot-...2-10-29-53.png

2 years later in 2014, I wrote on facebook: "I looked at buying an apartment in Europaalle, but figured it was not worth it due to low rental yield. I obviously hadn't imagined people would try renting these apartments for 14k a month" that was for a 2 bedroom apartment...
This user would like to thank Phil_MCR for this useful post: