View Single Post
Old 02.03.2021, 16:53

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
reddog has no particular reputation at present
Re: Commuting between UK and Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
There seems to be a lot of panic in the UK over the travellers who entered the UK from Brazil via Zürich on LX318. Yet strangely not much hype about this on Swiss media? I would’ve thought one would be worried about the remaining plane load of passengers that arrived with them into Zürich...
Personally I think in this whole sorry affair, the group that will look worst are the UK media. At every turn they have pressured the government into more and more draconian measures. I think it will eventually be seen that a more relaxed approach would have been better for the people and the economy.

From my own point of view, I managed to travel back to the UK a few times in the summer, but had my plans for Christmas ruined by a panicked Matt Hancock appearing on TV saying some variant of the virus was out of control (it is normal for viruses to mutate and that is how they get weaker).

One question I have is, do you actually have to do a full 10 day quarantine in the uk? It would appear not if someone is travelling back and fourth every weekend. What happens on day 8 when you need to do another testPCR test in the UK?