View Single Post
Old 02.03.2021, 17:49

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Abcd has no particular reputation at present
Re: Commuting between UK and Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Personally I think in this whole sorry affair, the group that will look worst are the UK media. At every turn they have pressured the government into more and more draconian measures. I think it will eventually be seen that a more relaxed approach would have been better for the people and the economy.

From my own point of view, I managed to travel back to the UK a few times in the summer, but had my plans for Christmas ruined by a panicked Matt Hancock appearing on TV saying some variant of the virus was out of control (it is normal for viruses to mutate and that is how they get weaker).

One question I have is, do you actually have to do a full 10 day quarantine in the uk? It would appear not if someone is travelling back and fourth every weekend. What happens on day 8 when you need to do another testPCR test in the UK?
Same here as well - still waiting on a refund on the flight from ZRH to LHR that got cancelled over Christmas because of the variant 🙄

Because Switzerland is not in the “red list” you wouldn’t have to do 10 days in the Uk - you could end your quarantine if you test negative on day 5 via “test to release”.