View Single Post
Old 02.03.2021, 18:21

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
reddog has no particular reputation at present
Re: Commuting between UK and Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
I'm not sure you have a choice which is why short term trips for non-commuters are a problem especially now they're specifically checking the day 2 and 8 further tests on arrival. There's some further test to release thing which might do it?

I'm sure it'll get better in a month or two - at least I bloody hope so as it's costing me a fortune. I have a young family though so I just have to battle on for now.

Ironically its the lack of them being able to come here to visit which is also preventing me doing the whole 'sell Switzerland' to them and try and get them over here permanently too. Covid sucks.
It looks like I might be able to "release" after 5 days, so maybe I will use that (need to do a little more research).

I have been living in Switzerland since 2011, travelling back maybe every 3 or 4 weeks. I would actually say anecdotally the number of British weekly commuters has reduced since then. When I travelled back on a Friday afternoon in 2011 or 2012, it was common to see 3 or 4 work colleagues getting on the plane, now (or in the last few years) I hardly see any regular travellers that I know. I imagine Corona will further reduce British weekly commuters. Therefore I would say it would be great if you could sell Switzerland to your family (not always as easy as it would seem!)
This user would like to thank reddog for this useful post: