View Single Post
Old 02.03.2021, 20:29
Forum Legend

Groaned at 429 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 20,980 Times in 11,068 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Now explain why an agreement to which the UK was never party to would change anything as a result of that agreement.

The only change I have noticed to the UK passport control for UK citizens in over 40 years came with the introduction of machine readable passports wwith which they started systematically scanning them. General attitude/severity hasn't otherwise changed at all.
The difference is since Schengen your passport is scanned on arrival, previously there was no such record of arrivals. They can see where you came from so it's probably also a checkout from Schengen. The Schengen countries also know when you arrived in the UK, when I returned to Malta the guard looked confused, he said you arrived in Heathrow this morning, my response correct
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: