View Single Post
Old 03.03.2021, 08:58
Forum Legend

Groaned at 341 Times in 278 Posts
Thanked 15,170 Times in 7,788 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
Viewing the UN-patrolled no-man's-land that cuts through Lefkosia (Nicosia), the capital of Cyprus, was a fascinating but very sobering experience. At the time, and I think still today (following the fall of the Berlin Wall), Lefkosia/Nicosia was the world's only divided city.
I think there was another one in Bosnia, called Mostar, after '93 to 2004 when they've rebuilt the famous bridge that devided the city. I have an Indian friend who visited Bosnia after that time and she was amazed by the whole situation - people still afraid to cross the landmarks. She was defo much more understanding than me at that time because I sincerely thought what happened there was incompatible with Europe and being European. I reconsidered my youth ideals since then. lol
Things like "reconciliations" can happen. When there's a will.

Last edited by greenmount; 03.03.2021 at 09:08.