Thread: PhD spouse visa
View Single Post
Old 04.03.2021, 21:46
ninasayson ninasayson is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Neuchatel
Posts: 34
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
ninasayson is considered knowledgeableninasayson is considered knowledgeableninasayson is considered knowledgeable
Re: PhD spouse visa

View Post
Thank you for all of your kind responses!

Based on my understanding after teaching on the internet. After I settled in Switzerland, my wife needs to start apply for the type D visa in Hong Kong with various documents. Then the application will transfer to Canton Vaud and they will send a document list to me and ask me to provide different documents such as rental contract, Ph.D. contract, etc. After the submission, they will make the decision. If the application success, my wife can come to Lausanne and once she arrives she needs to apply for a permit. She will have one year to provide an A1 language certificate. Is my understanding correct?

Thank you very much for your precious time.
Oh, you need to wait for your B permit to arrive before you can start the family reunification process. To start this, she will need to apply for her D visa (needed in order to enter the country). Once this is approved, she can now enter Switzerland and can now register at the canton and get her B permit.

Technically, spouses are required for a language certificate annually to be able to renew their permit.
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank ninasayson for this useful post: