View Single Post
Old 08.03.2021, 20:07
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1,510 Times in 717 Posts
stephen_NE has a reputation beyond reputestephen_NE has a reputation beyond reputestephen_NE has a reputation beyond reputestephen_NE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Commuting between UK and Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
Plus you need to carry proof of your residence in Switzerland and the negative Covid test to enter the U.K., your 2 and 8 day covid tests whilst there (and the 5th day test to release if you deem this necessary) and the negative PCR covid test to return. I am in the process of booking all this, not the test to release as I donít see the point for me, at a combined cost of around £380 and then there is the tunnel costs on top. I have frequent traveller tickets and am still being quoted over £400 for my trip, funeral.

It is what it is and when you have no choice but to travel you just pay up but it puts a bitter taste in the mouth when you feel people are profiting from others misfortune.

My thoughts are with you.
I've actually only just found out about the extra test to be released after 5 days, and I will probably do it... given the overall cost of tests and transport, another £200 doesn't seem to make so much difference in the grand scheme of things. And it will allow me to help my parents a bit more, by going shopping for example.
The following 4 users would like to thank stephen_NE for this useful post: