View Single Post
Old 09.03.2021, 08:01

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
countrybumpkin has an excellent reputationcountrybumpkin has an excellent reputationcountrybumpkin has an excellent reputationcountrybumpkin has an excellent reputation
Re: Commuting between UK and Switzerland

Quote:
View Post
In theory yes, they can ask you to self-isolate in a hotel. I haven't been able to find anything official that specifically says how/if this is applied in the case of transit for people trying to get back home.
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...l-travel#from4

I am sure you have seen this link Stephen, it states that as long as you fit all the criteria; compelling reason to travel, negative PCR test prior to travel, proof of residence etc, then you can transit through France to your destination as long as you do not take more than 24hours.
The quarantine in France in hotels is for those who were unable to be tested prior to their arrival, they will be required to test and quarantine on arrival. Well thatís my reading of it.

On my return I need to fill the criteria and get home by 18.00h.

Also be aware that at the moment a lot of the north of France, including Pas de Calais and Dunkirk are under lockdown at the weekends so if you travel then expect more checks.