View Single Post
Old 18.05.2006, 12:17
The Architect

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
mark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond reputemark has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why I HATE Switzerland.

Sounds like a very sub-optimal situation! But you've come to the right place - at the very least you can get some things off your chest.

I know you've probably been told this before - but at least beginning to make an effort with German will make a world of difference. I know the odds are stacked against you having to look after the child etc, but you really don't have much choice but to try!

What are your hobbies? Are there any clubs in the area where you could go to find people with similiar interests?

I see another stumbling block here is your location. This makes it very hard to do anything, and the dialect in Wallis is such that other people in the country can't understand anything.

If your budget is 500 francs per month for accomodation then you certainly won't get anything in Zurich!

Have you tried going to the Gemeinde (with your wife) and talking to them about your problems? Are you eligible for any social assistance, and maybe you could talk to their social worker? What about registering with the unemployment office - I know they won't shower you with jobs, but they might send you on a German course.

Jack and BaccusWines (Ed) are both on this forum and are in the food industry, maybe they can offer some advice as well?