View Single Post
Old 14.03.2021, 20:47
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thanked 1,424 Times in 616 Posts
DantesDame has a reputation beyond reputeDantesDame has a reputation beyond reputeDantesDame has a reputation beyond reputeDantesDame has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Great Escape

And here when I read the post title, I had assumed that you had just watched The Great Escape and were contemplating a visit to Fen to visit all of the filming locations

Your dilemma is a real one, and one that I have struggled with when wanting (needing) to get out of the apartment. That's one of the key reasons that Dan and I only spent one week away last fall, and stayed in Switzerland.

Here's my suggestion: Get in your car and drive south. Lugano, Locarno, Bellinzona... somewhere where the weather will be more accepting of outdoor exploration. Find a nice centrally-located hotel and book yourself a week there. Then you can do your solo day trips in a new region without leaving the country. By staying in one place, you're limiting the number of hotel rooms you take up (better not just for viral spread, but also for sheet and towel consumption).

You get a change of scenery, you get to spend a little money on the local economy, but you're still close to home and being sensible.

Those are my two Rappen, FWIW

Like motorcycles? Like photos? Check out my website: www.dantesdame.com
The following 2 users would like to thank DantesDame for this useful post: