View Single Post
Old 18.03.2021, 12:44
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pommie has no particular reputation at present
Re: Deutsch Goethe or Telc Zertifikat Level A2 spoken und A1 in writing, Canton Zug

Quote:
View Post
Good day all,

Deutsch Goethe or Telc Zertifikat Level A2 spoken und A1 in writing.

Canton Zug, Amt für Migration requirement for C permit.

British Citizen, Permit B (first 5 years) - Another permit B issued for another 5 years) German language qualifications - very poor.

What is the best way to go about his?

How long of a process is this? (I know this can vary from person to person)

Please recommend courses in Zug (Cham better)
I highly recommend Soft Landing in Baar (I can send you the name of my teacher via DM if that might be helpful). Did my B1 exam last year.

Personal opinion is that one needs to invest in one-on-one lessons (specifically focused on exam prep) if this is what you are working towards. You can get bogged down in the group sessions for months where it doesn't feel as though much progress is being made in being able to sit the exam (which is in of itself not true because you are learning the whole time).

I found that explaining to the teacher what my ultimate objective was helped her understand what it was that I wanted to achieve, and then assisted in setting reasonable goals in terms of timing expectations, etc.

The adverse side of this approach is that you do tend to focus on those elements that are tested in the exam, rather than receiving a fulsome education on all the nuances that German can bring.

Edit: I did the Goethe exam, and it took me about 8 cumulative months of 1 hour weekly sessions to prepare for and pass the exam.
The following 2 users would like to thank Pommie for this useful post: