View Single Post
Old 18.03.2021, 18:10
modified, reprogrammed and doctored˛

Groaned at 393 Times in 270 Posts
Thanked 20,048 Times in 10,433 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Equal rights for women

Quote:
View Post
Take it easy.
I always am. But a lot of this equality rhetorics has been just posturing. People like to signal that they support improvement but the implementation has been secondary and often been dumb and inefficient. Counterproductive and often penalizing women even more.
Quote:
It's obvious that no solution will ever be perfect.
It's the goal and striving to improve things that matters.
Interpretations will of course differ widely.
And I think that if the steps are intelligent and correct, the interpretation will not differ widely at all.

So, at the end of the day having chicks relying on the system improving itself is still a risk. I agree with FMF - those who up their negotiation skills and know how to put themselves forward, irrespectively of gender or the system, will have more chances. Not relying on entitlement, even if it is justified.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein
This user would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: