View Single Post
Old 26.03.2021, 13:57

Groaned at 12 Times in 8 Posts
cremebrulee is considered knowledgeablecremebrulee is considered knowledgeablecremebrulee is considered knowledgeable
Re: Zurich living cost

How lucky that your offspring has such a caring parent like yourself to pay the big ticket items! When I moved out of home, I was pretty much on my own and had to get a part-time job to pay my rent, textbooks, etc. I hope to also be in a position where I can partly fund my children when they first move out of home.

I would estimate about CHF 800-1’000 per month to be comfortable, maybe even CHF 500 if your child is good at being budget conscious but few kids that age are. But if you allow roughly CHF 30 per day to cover food etc, that comes to about CHF 900 a month already.

But just going out costs a lot if you buy a few drinks, let alone a meal. I would expect that if he/she needs any “big” purchases, even a CHF 20 set of headphones, they would ask you to fund that directly.

But I will follow this thread with interest because it won’t be long before I will asking myself the same questions!
The following 3 users would like to thank cremebrulee for this useful post: