View Single Post
Old 27.03.2021, 11:27
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanked 1,481 Times in 702 Posts
stephen_NE has a reputation beyond reputestephen_NE has a reputation beyond reputestephen_NE has a reputation beyond reputestephen_NE has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PCR Test result for Covid within 3 days or 72 hours are they up to expectations ?

Quote:
View Post
Could anyone with recent experience travelling to the UK from Switzerland please opine? What are the costs of these in addition to the fight ticket?
Seems to be very variable... I paid 180 CHF for a PCR test in a pharmacy in Luzern. Don't know about antigen test costs as I needed a PCR because I was going through France.

Quote:
View Post
On the way back from Uk do you need antigen or pcr to enter Switzerland? Again can you do it at the airport just before flight
According to the BAG travel rules, you only need an antigen test to board the plane, but you need to present a PCR test result at the Swiss border control when you get off the plane, if you are caught by their random checks. If you only have an antigen test, then you have to get a PCR test done as soon as possible.

Not sure about testing at the airport as I travelled by car, but I used the same company (Concepto Clinic - they have several addresses in and around London) twice for PCR tests while in the UK, and got the result in 12 hours and 4 hours respectively (tested at 18:00, result received at 21:55). Cost 149 each.

Quote:
View Post
You always need the day 2 day 8 test even if you stay for less than 8 days?
You need to order both (they come in a 2-test kit), but you don't need to submit the day 8 test if you leave earlier. There is a detailed discussion about this including official sources on one of the other travel threads I think.
The following 2 users would like to thank stephen_NE for this useful post: