View Single Post
Old 27.03.2021, 14:45
The Marmite Moderator

Groaned at 429 Times in 326 Posts
Thanked 21,350 Times in 11,208 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caught driving in a neighbours only restricted area

Quote:
View Post
There's some ongoing road renewing in our village and driving to the recycling area means you need to stop at a mobile traffic light, one of those that gives alternate pass. Obviously you always find it in red.
For the first time, on the way back home, to avoid the traffic light, i decided to take a short cut and drive through a restricted area for 'Zubringerdienst only'.
In the middle of the street there was a guy standing up there writing in a piece of paper the car plates of the cars passing by.
I know I did wrong, but I have some questions,..
Can a normal guy just pass the info to the police?
What could the penalty be?
Doesn't old Swiss people have better things to do on a Saturday morning?
Cheers,
Daniel
This happened to me in Basel (ZH reg car), the police flagged me into a white box parking space as it was at the time. They did their checks then asked where I was going. I pointed them to the house, about 3 doors away & got out of the car. He said you can't park there? I said why not it's an ordinary parking place which has not been marked no parking. The Police called it a day & went somewhere else
The following 7 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: