View Single Post
Old 27.03.2021, 15:32
The Marmite Moderator

Groaned at 429 Times in 326 Posts
Thanked 21,350 Times in 11,208 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caught driving in a neighbours only restricted area

Quote:
View Post
TBH I think that once I'd spotted that it was not our car that was not necessary, but I'd already looked at the date and gone prepared with that explanation before I was able to see the actual incident report.

So Swiss bureaucracy is not foolproof; I guess the problem stems from the fact that the plates are linked to the individual, not the car, so although the tiniest amount of checking would have revealed the mistake, the process clearly didn't include any such check.
Normally they ask questions before showing any evidence & generally are not the brightest. They even had my date of birth incorrectly written on the protocol that they asked me to sign. I refused to sign & then asked me what my date of birth was, I pointed to the last paragraph of the protocol that said he had no further questions Imagine having to explain to his superiors that he had screwed up such basic information.
Quote:
View Post
If you've nothing to hide...

Seriously though, if I had outright refused to speak to them what do you think the outcome would have been? Given that they'd requested me to come in for interview, could I have refused even that?

Obviously in this case where we were 100% sure that we weren't, and never had been, in the locale specified on the complaint I was happy to talk to them, better to clear the matter up speedily. What would you have done in my place?
Absolutely nothing, had they had the evidence they would have sent you a fine, no need to ask questions if they already have a case.
Had they issued a fine you could have appealed & they would have to pay your legal costs.

I would have asked them for their evidence first, when they said it was a red car, I would of said I don't have a red car & I have nothing further to say. What would there be to discuss?
The following 7 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: