View Single Post
Old 27.03.2021, 16:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 346 Times in 282 Posts
Thanked 15,894 Times in 8,113 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Driving to Romania (when I can)

Quote:
View Post
So I'm super hopeful that this Pandemic will begin to ease up here by the summer.

So I'm starting to think of a place to drive to.
I'm considering driving from Zurich to Romania (I'll figure out the details in coming months).

My question's are:
* Anyone done this and have pointers / suggestions
lol. uhm, le me think.....

Quote:
View Post
* My car has swiss plates, I have a swiss Drivers license, I have Swiss auto insurance --- any reason to think I can't take my car into Romania
Absolutely none.

Quote:
View Post
* Are the roads in Romania good enough, I'm sure they aren't as awesomely maintained as Switzerland's roads, but is there any reason I should worry about road conditions while there?
Where should I begin....nope, not good enough. We've been promised a better infrastructure since 1990. I don't think there's any politician that didn't promise that in their campaign.
Anyways, it depends where, some are and some are not. Main roads/national roads are OK.

Quote:
View Post
I'm considering going during the month of July this year --- again, that all depends on Covid.
I don't know if you'll be able without a covid test or/and quarantine. I can look up the latest regulations when you'll need, at one point I gave up reading the news because the covid situation seemed to get worse not better, so I lost hope I'm going to be able to visit my family any time soon.

You can ask more here, there are a few Romanians on the forum (I'm not the only one lol) so hopefully they'll see your questions and answer each of them.

Last edited by greenmount; 27.03.2021 at 18:13. Reason: grammar