View Single Post
Old 30.03.2021, 19:55

Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
blacky has an excellent reputationblacky has an excellent reputationblacky has an excellent reputationblacky has an excellent reputation
Re: Moving with two dogs

I can't give any legal advice since I don't even live in CH yet nor I have dog.

However, from pure training perspective, I'd recommend not waiting for official answers and start training your puppy now. Look into clicker training, that's fast and efficient method, and it can only help you both when you encounter official trainer.

My experience is with training cats, I didn't do much with them yet, but hey if THEY react to it, dog should be easy peasy (I tried just a several times, because I'm lazy, but one day I'll teach them how to play fetch, I swear )

Check youtube for good videos, I found a ton about dogs when I was looking for cat training ones, but core is the same anyway. Except dogs will be more eager to do stuff and not aloof like cats and just start ignoring you

Also, you don't need a clicker per se, you just need a two sounds, one for one dog, and another for another dog, so you can bond and train them together even.
And yes, it will be a great bonding experience even if the official progress is slow.

So with clicker training you should definitely be able to get sit, stay and similar stuff fast. And that's a good foundation for the rest you'll have to do together judging by the requirements posted here.

Good luck and have fun
This user would like to thank blacky for this useful post: