View Single Post
Old 01.04.2021, 11:45
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 32 Times in 22 Posts
nejc has an excellent reputationnejc has an excellent reputationnejc has an excellent reputationnejc has an excellent reputation
Re: Rant: ZTL in Italy

Hm, last year I was following a navigation and an Italian car into the historical center of Merano searching for my hotel and misinterpreted the allowed hours to drive there. I needed few hundred meters that things clicked right in my head, and when I turned my motorcycle around, it was already too late. Few months later I got a fine of ca 80 euros.
- it was my mistake
- comparing to Swiss fines I find that one low
IMHO, dense centers are usually better without too much traffic, so ZTL is a right thing to do. Maybe Italians could go for some other system (physical barrier) but it would be just more expensive and uglier. I guess it is on us, to change our behavior.
btw. Do you know, that success of humans is because of our ability to adapt to different environments. Challenging your brain to adapt to different cultures is actually really good for continual development, so, take it positive your brain will adapt to this Italian old "novelty", if you keep going there. And I think it is worth.