View Single Post
Old 01.04.2021, 23:32
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 25,398 Times in 7,915 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moving with two dogs

Quote:
View Post
I did not read all of the replies line-by-line but I did not see a mention of a Passport and ID chips for the dogs. .
Good point - we’ve put the cart before the horse by discussing Ticino's BSL and permits for listed dogs before talking about general import regs for all dogs.

Cinoeye, in Switzerland dogs (which means their owners) are regulated at three levels - federal, cantonal, and commune.

Laws at the federal level tend to center on animal welfare concerns, as well as import and export. Laws at the cantonal and commune levels tend to center around animal control.

We dog owners need to know how the various laws at all three levels impact our four footed friends.

Here is the BLV (that’s the federal office that regulates import and export of pet animals, among other things) page on what is required to bring dogs in to Switzerland. Conveniently, the BLV has published much of it’s info in English as well as national languages:
https://www.blv.admin.ch/blv/en/home...frettchen.html

And to make it even simpler to learn what you have to do at the federal level to import both your dogs, here is the BLV’s interactive tool:
https://www.blv.admin.ch/blv/en/home...frettchen.html

FYI - When answering the ‘I come from’ question, you should enter the country where you and your dogs are currently resident.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to browse these pages, then pop back to this thread with any specific questions on federal import regulations you might have.

So - you will have lots to do to make this move happen. Wishing you, and your four footed friends, all the best.

Last edited by meloncollie; 01.04.2021 at 23:51.
The following 2 users would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: