View Single Post
Old 03.04.2021, 14:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 159 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 7,805 Times in 2,654 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sound Sensitive Owner right below my flat

Wearing high heels inside the house is a big no no in most Swiss homes. Removing shoes is the norm, replace them with slippers if you have the baby elephant style of walking.

If she is the owner of the flat and you are not a good fit, I recommend looking for a new place. I've noticed that everyone has a very different sensitivity to sound. Things that you may not even notice are infuriating to others. For example, my downstairs neighbour is incapable of closing a door (room or cupboard) without slamming it. It makes me want to go downstairs and smash the doors while screaming in the dude's face. How can you be so devoid of fine motor coordination that you cannot operate a door quietly (known as a "Grobmotoriker" in German)? How can you not realise that it is loud and will bother others?

You say Covid-19 conditions should make us more tolerant - the opposite is true. Many of us are working from home, so noise is more of an annoyance. Children running amok is one thing, I can sympathise with that up to a certain point, but not fully grown adults who have the motor skills of a drunk jellyfish and don't respect quiet times.

So if you genuinely feel you are not being loud and the lady says you are, you have a mismatch in noise awareness and sensitivity. You will only make each other miserable. Move.
The following 11 users would like to thank Kittster for this useful post: