View Single Post
Old 05.04.2021, 11:27
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
fz750 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Double Pension question

Quote:
View Post
I'm in a vaguely similar position. Could you provide links to the UK sites please. Also can you quantify what you mean by getting 'massively' better returns if you 'invest' in a UK pension ? And..does anybody know.. can one write off any payments into a 'foreign' state pension against taxable income ?

Thanks
It's just the pension position provided using your UK national insurance number when you have an account on the uk.gov website. If you don't have a UK national insurance number and pension record, forget it.

As for benefit, it would cost (theoretically, paying class 3 contributions) 19K GBP (approx 24K Sfr) in total for these 24 years at Class 3 rate which, in my case, would boost pension from 60 to 175 a week. (an increase in 6000 yearly, or just under 8K Sfr currently)

If I paid that same money (24K Sfr) into my 2nd pillar pension here it would result in approx 1500 a year increase. so, a no brainer really, from what I can see..

And no, you cannot offset such payments to a foreign pension fund against your Swiss tax unfortunately.
The following 2 users would like to thank fz750 for this useful post: