View Single Post
Old 05.04.2021, 13:03
fz750's Avatar
fz750 fz750 is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bern
Posts: 27
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
fz750 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Double Pension question

View Post
My UK state pension has been converted to CHF and paid into my Swiss bank account monthly for the last 7 years without problem.

For Swiss taxes I simply add the amounts up and put the total on the Swiss tax form, which has never been questioned.

Every couple of year the UK pension people write and ask if I'm still alive. My Swiss bank (ZKB) stamps the form free of charge.

If you pay tax in the UK, it may be advantageous to keep the UK pension there and use your UK tax free allowance...
If one had a UK address would it not be better to have that pension just paid out in the UK? Seems to me that if the Swiss don't allow my any tax relief on paying the contributions for it, that they will not get any extra "income" from me due to it

BTW, some neigbouring countries (Ö..) insist that all their pensioners personally go to their local embassy to prove they are still alive every year plus (I believe) needing evidence of residence from their local community (Wohnsitzbestätigung) so the brits are pretty cool about it..
Reply With Quote
This user would like to thank fz750 for this useful post: