View Single Post
Old 06.04.2021, 22:22

Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
hyper has no particular reputation at present
Automatic extension of trial subscription by Mobility

Hello Folks,

I had taken a Mobility Trial subscription for 4 months in Dec 2020. This was extended automatically for 1 year by them in March this year (4 weeks before the end of the trial period).

When I contacted them saying that I do not need the subscription and requested to cancel it, they said that they had sent a reminder mail to cancel 2 weeks before the extending it. I am sure I did not receive any such mail as I am very careful with checking and deleting any mails.

After further communication reminding and clarifying the above to them, they are still very inflexible and are unwilling to cancel the subscription citing the reminder mail (which I did not receive) and T&C's (www.mobility.ch/mobility-contract - Point 9) which mentions about the auto renewal.

However, considering that I had taken a Trial subscription, converting it to a full one without explicit consent seems to be a borderline unethical practice to me.

I obviously do not want to pay for a service for 1 year that I do not require.

Looking for advice from the forum on what else can be done with the Mobility folks to convince them to cancel the subscription and avoid paying for a service I clearly did not sign up for.

If they still do not budge, is there a consumer forum in Switzerland where I can get help?