View Single Post
Old 06.04.2021, 22:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 200 Times in 166 Posts
Thanked 13,884 Times in 7,201 Posts
curley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond reputecurley has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pork belly with skin

Quote:
View Post
Not belly but Kotelleten mit Schwarte are easy to find at COOP. They're pork chops with the fatty skin, yummy!

I guess what you're looking for is Bauchfleisch mit Schwarte. Ask in any COOP with a butcher, whatever cut has Schwarte (pork skin) on it.
Yes, I think you're right. I've been researching a bit and they do this not only with pork belly but also with shoulder and saddle of pork.
The Germans and Austrians have many recipes for it while "Schwarte" is not really eaten here in Switzerland it seems. I dare to guess that's because the Swiss don't make it crispy, so it's cut off latest on the plate. Let's face it who wants to eat soft, slobbery fat.

Well, I'll start looking for it and try the recipes, looks like something I'm gonna like a lot. May not be the healthiest thing I ever eat but who cares!