View Single Post
Old 06.04.2021, 23:12

Groaned at 4 Times in 2 Posts
Theoslimm has earned some respectTheoslimm has earned some respect
Re: The Great Escape

Mallorca was drenched in wine (served with a pleasantly grilled tentacle).
The craggy greeny/grey heights and sparkling greeny/blue seas on the left contrasted nicely with the burger bar tourist apocalypse on the right. The privilege to visit a cave and be the only one in the hill - belting out Joni's 'Both Sides Now' to enjoy the stalactite acoustics.

Got lost in the hills behind Valdemossa (now re-christened the mountain of lost souls). Like life, the path that first invites with beguiling sinuousness, soon spread into a vast expanse of featureless omelette - which quickly became steep enough to slide off the plate. Just when I was contemplating a late supper of olive bark tea and gravel followed by a precipitous and chilly night, the path reappeared like the shopkeeper from Mr. Benn.

I spent more time staying closer to humans after this (and not just because they are a handy source of protein). Sa Calobra road was fun (tough to get into 5th gear though) and reached the infinite blue of lands end in the far north. It was a close call to take the leap but a crisp heel turn did the trick. An Epiphany in Palma Cathedral as I had a revelation what Saturday Night Fever was all about - have you seen the light?

The next day, EasyJet couldn't bring me closer to God but they brought me back down to earth - the apartment walls are just the same.

Thanks again for the tips and if I can get technical be prepared for one or two pics to drive you nuts.
The following 7 users would like to thank Theoslimm for this useful post: