View Single Post
Old 07.04.2021, 07:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,120 Times in 763 Posts
Thanked 18,728 Times in 7,268 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Freshly terminated

Quote:
View Post
I just wanted to share my negative work experience in CH

Hired 1 year ago.
Quickly realised that the company organisation was a total mess. (a multinational)

I quickly got the impression that they hired me instead of hiring a contractor (to save on costs?!) and they did the same with a couple of other colleagues.

The employer is outsourcing the ICT department.

Got a termination letter with 3 months notice, without requirements to work during the notice, but the holidays/overtime won't be payed (around 40-45 days) .

Conclusion: the risks of working in CH as an employee are REAL. In my case I have been squeezed like a contractor. At least I was lucky as my colleagues who joined later cannot even get the unemployment benefits.
This sucks, but the same can happen in pretty much any country. They gave you the proper contractual 3 months notice with no requirement to work it... that's a pretty good outcome.

Badly managed companies exist everywhere.
The following 7 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: