View Single Post
Old 07.04.2021, 09:44
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 102 Times in 52 Posts
Thanked 1,440 Times in 648 Posts
FCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond reputeFCBarca has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Importing prebuild houses worth it in Switzerland?

My sister in law did this recently, just moving in at start of year. They got a number of local quotes from architects & construction companies and ended up going with a German company that puts together these pre-fab houses. They also built 3 units in total (Not a triplex by definition as there are no shared walls but effectively 2+1 dwellings) for a third of what they were being quoted

I have visited a few times in past couple of months, results are impressive although they too had their hurdles to overcome (Still addressing an issue with the solar panels on roof)

Would I take this approach if I had to do it all over again (We did new construction)? They saved quite a bit but long-term hard to assess whether they still will come out ahead or remain fully satisfied

You'd be hard pressed to identify the home was built elsewhere and effectively placed on the land