View Single Post
Old 07.04.2021, 10:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 339 Times in 277 Posts
Thanked 15,116 Times in 7,767 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pork belly with skin

Quote:
View Post
I would like more details too. Does she get it from the display counter? When I check the coop website they don't have it.
When I check Migros I get all the complaints that they don't have it (they're pretty new too, the complaints )
It's not on display, you have to ask the butcher/shop assistant. Sometimes they tell you when to come and/or pick it up if they don't have anything that day. My husband likes homemade bacon and he used to make it himself a few years ago, I know from him it is not that difficult to get these types of cuts here. (as I would have thought)

Quote:
View Post
Any of them. Well - the larger ones. The one behind SBB will definitely have it. It's surprising that it isn't online.

We sometimes use it for a Swiss dish - dried beans soaked for a day, then boiled with the pork. Serve with polenta.
As devoted polenta eaters, we never associate it with beans but who knows, it's an interesting combination. Will try it one day.