View Single Post
Old 07.04.2021, 10:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 429 Times in 320 Posts
Thanked 20,852 Times in 11,044 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Importing prebuild houses worth it in Switzerland?

Quote:
View Post
Just confirmed, they are called Weberhaus - there are videos, photos etc. on website (UK URL). Sister in law says they vetted a number of pre-fab companies and Weberhaus were far & away superior - apart from some of the typical construction pains, they remain very happy with the results & experience all during initial COVID pandemic

My observations on some of the details:

1) Kitchen goes through them so you are limited on the one hand with options but they chose mostly Swiss or German made materials. I still believe their kitchen is quite inferior to ours but it's also a smaller space. I wasn't crazy about the counters or cupboard material but this too could've been driven more by cost/budget/preference

2) Interior load bearing walls are cement/beton but appeared slightly thinner than ours but noise did not appear to be an issue traveling through house/floors as a result

3) Utilities like heat, electric, solar, water etc. seemed quite similar to what we did, including underfloor heating although there were errors made in terms of how to mount the exterior solar panels as it conflicted with commune regulations - I suspect this will be worked out by company to compensate to remount but an ongoing issue.

4) Windows, doors and material otherwise used were very good and they had a lot of flexibility in the design
I was quite impressed with Weber, until the Swiss agent got involved. Amazing value if you can get the house in CH at anything close to Euro price.