View Single Post
Old 07.04.2021, 16:08

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
greencelery has earned some respectgreencelery has earned some respect
Re: Selling used clothes in bulk - price per kg

Quote:
View Post
I have looked into COOP, it seems they re-home the clothes within Switzerland, which would be great, because a lot of my clothes are new or almost new. I will look into it more, but a great idea. Thank you so, so much! Would be delighted, if they took it all and made a good use of it

I think it isn't true that most of the clothes are re-homed in Switzerland. Coop's boxes are run by TellTex, which operates boxes with the banners of various different charities on them.

See this newspaper article from last year, in German: https://zofingertagblatt.ch/?id=2855...+zweites+Leben

Some figures from the article:
65% of the clothes donated can be re-worn. 15% get made into cleaning rags. 15% get turned into things for other industries. 5% get thrown away.

And of these 65% that can be re-worn: 80-90% get sold to Eastern Europe.

It says on the Coop page linked in an earlier post "Wenn Ihnen wichtig ist, dass Ihre Lieblingsstücke explizit in der Schweiz weiterleben, senden Sie Ihre gut verpackte Kleiderspende an..."- roughly translated- if it's important to you that the clothes stay in Switzerland, send them directly to TellTex
The following 2 users would like to thank greencelery for this useful post: