View Single Post
Old 07.04.2021, 18:55
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
itsjess has no particular reputation at present
Re: What's the rental situation like in Basel at the mo?

Quote:
View Post
I moved to Basel around November last year and found my place around January this year. The search was not to bad, and I seemed to have lucked out a bit considering I took the first offer. The rent for its size was pretty good compared to New York City (1400 CHF for 75 sqm).

In short it was a breeze compared to New York City and my time during college in USA.

One thing to note, maybe very specific to me, is that I did not know I was living on the street where all the abulances that come and go from Universitätsspital ran by my street...It gets kind of annoying when im in my living room. My tip would be try and see if youre facing a main road or if there are tram tracks near your apartment. The sound could become a problem.
This is excellent advice, thanks so much for sharing Kumabear!

Can I ask, how'd you go with all the paperwork requirements? It seems like you need an entire dossier of documentation to even apply! I was thinking I'd have to ask someone from my company to translate a cover letter into German for me, then I'd need to provide a credit report from my home country as I won't have anything for the debt collection thingie that you need... and did you just find your place on one of the big websites (immoscout / comparis / homegate) or did you register with local real estate agents?

Sorry for all the questions!