View Single Post
Old 07.04.2021, 18:58

Groaned at 20 Times in 9 Posts
spark has earned some respectspark has earned some respect
Re: Automatic extension of trial subscription by Mobility

Quote:
View Post
When I contacted them saying that I do not need the subscription and requested to cancel it, they said that they had sent a reminder mail to cancel 2 weeks before the extending it. I am sure I did not receive any such mail as I am very careful with checking and deleting any mails.

After further communication reminding and clarifying the above to them, they are still very inflexible and are unwilling to cancel the subscription citing the reminder mail (which I did not receive) and T&C's (www.mobility.ch/mobility-contract - Point 9) which mentions about the auto renewal.
Reminder is irrelevant. T&Cs have "The Mobility agreement for private customers remains valid for an indefinite period, provided that neither of the contracting parties provides notice of termination" - that's what got you. It's a pretty common business tactic in Switzerland and some other countries. Consider the money you have to pay them now a lesson in modern business practices.

Art. 8 UWG *might* be able to help you, though case practice seems lacking and potential costs of finding it out the hard way are probably not worth it but you could try if it's a matter of principle to you rather than money.

Last edited by spark; 07.04.2021 at 19:15.
This user would like to thank spark for this useful post: